First Week in Copenhagen

I have now been in Copenhagen for just over two weeks, and so far I am absolutely loving it. The city itself is really beautiful, and I’m really excited to be able to spend the next year here!

I had a few days on my own here before things started to happen at the university, which I used to start to get to know the city. Copenhagen isn’t nearly as big as London, so it’s quite easy to find your way around, and the metro system is really simple too. Most people here travel by bike, although I still haven’t decided whether to get one for myself yet.
We had orientation in Thursday, which was a very intensive day filled with absolutely everything we needed to get started. The day was for all exchange and guest students in the faculty of humanities, so it was a great opportunity to meet lots of people studying all kinds of different subjects, and from all across the globe. The university also runs a mentor programme, which held a dinner for international students in the evening, which was a really lovely way to get to know more people, and it really made the university seem like a welcoming place to come and study.
I only study two modules here, so I only began classes last Wednesday, starting with State Formation in the Ancient and Modern World. The first class was really interesting, although they teach classes differently here than they do back home, or at least differently to what I experienced last year. I don’t have any lectures in a lecture hall, instead they all take place in seminar rooms for two full hours. The other module I am studying is Nordic Mythology.

The matriculation ceremony- this year was the first that international students were able to attend

Nyhavn

Nyhavn